The Fields Family Blog

Wednesday, April 4, 2007

No More Rest


I love setting around the table eating breakfast together. It reminds me of how blessed we really are. I snapped this picture this morning while we were eating pancakes. Dale and Grace love blueberry pancakes. I need to add pancake to the list of her vocab words. She is so cute. If you look closely you can see her two big front teeth. She was saying cheese when I took the picture.

I am officially off of bed rest now. That is why I titled this post "no more rest". For all of you that have made my rest possible the baby and I thank you a million times. I feel that I have hit the ground running. We only have 4 weeks until the baby gets here. (technically 5 but i like to round up) We are on the verge of making a move to a house in Mt. Washington. (I will write about the house more as we are closer to moving.) I must say that during this time God has taught me so much. One thing particular that He is taught me through a series of events and scripture is that I need to live for the eternal things. I think as a parent I get so caught up in the day to day that I forget to keep an eternal perspective. I am so thankful that I dont have to live for the things of this world. It is so freeing to realize that those things dont matter and you dont have to keep up with the world around you. Dale showed me this verse this morning and I was once more encouraged.


I John 2:15-17 " Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world- the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride in posssessions- is not from the Father but is from the world. And the world is passing away along with its desires, but whoever does the will of God abides forever."

That'll preach!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home