
Grace looks like she is holding on for dear life. So cute. Well, last night we went to the mall. Generally we do not get a night together on wednesday nights so we decided to go out to dinner and take Grace to the "big boat" at the mall. After the night was over I realized that I would have had just as much fun or more if we had stayed home. I had a good time but I love relaxing and playing at our home. Many nights when we are at home Grace and Dale sing and play the piano. He plays and she names the farm animals to sing Old McDonald to. Those nights are so much more

special than any night out on the town.
Today I watched a disturbing show about Autism. Dale and I became extremely anxious about the thought of any of our children getting autism. I was going to research it. We talked about all of these things that we could possibly do to help prevent it. Finally as I was putting Grace to bed I realized that she does

not belong to me. I do not need to be so anxious about this. I trust God. Of course I don't want any harm to come to my children but my hands are tied with this one. If Dale and I begin to let ourselves worry sick about everything it will never end. When she starts school, when she begins to drive, when she goes to college these will all be milestones that we dread rather than rejoice. I know I dont want to be ignorant about things however I could probly research on the internet and get it to say anything I want it to say. Ultimately no matter how many precautions we take God is in control. He will give us the strength to deal with any thing that comes our way. And ultimately He will receive the glory in good and hard times. I am not sure if any other moms deal with this but this has been heavy on our hearts lately. Is that silly?
1 Comments:
NOT SILLY AT ALL! i wonder all the time how my parents survived with their only 2 girls driving 8.5 hours to college. i already worry about my kids getting their driver's licenses and i don't even have kids yet! HA! your blog is so refreshing, i love keeping up with your precious family's life. Blessings to you, erika
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home