Sacred
This house is a good mess, it's the proof of life
no way would I trade jobs, but it don't pay overtime
I'll get to the laundry, I don't know when
I am saying a prayer tonight, cause tomorrow it starts again
Could it be that everything is sacred?
All this time everything I've dreamed of, has been right before my eyes
The children are sleeping, but they are running through my mind
the sun makes them happy, the music makes them unwind
my cup runneth over, and I worry about the stain
teach me to run to You, like they run to me for everything
When I forget to drink from You, I can feel the banks harden
Lord make me like a stream, to feed the garden
No, I was not gifted enough to write this. This is a song I heard this weekend. I can so relate and kinda felt relieved after I heard it. I have been on this neat freak kick lately. Well, I broke my foot and being a neat freak came a lot harder to me. I began spending all of my time cleaning because everything took a lot longer to do because of my gigantic boot. I have realized that I kinda like tripping over toys. If for some reason I did not have children that left toys laying around I would long to trip over those toys again. I am not saying that I am never going to clean again but I am going to keep the important things first. It is important to keep a clean house but If it comes at the expense of reading to my children or just rolling around on the ground and playing with them then I am going to let it go. I love being a mom. It is what I have always wanted to be. It is a wonderful blessing to get the opportunity to stay at home with my children. So instead of focusing on all of the work involved and runny noses I am going to soak it up and savor every minute.

1 Comments:
Hannah
Like I've told you before, you have so much wisdom to be so young! Enjoy these precious times; they are fleeting! (And your home always looks wonderful -- especially with the toys everywhere!) I LOVE it when the toys are everywhere at Nana's house too!
Have a great day and enjoy the sunshine!
Love
Sandy
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home