Grace is ok
Grace watching football last week.
We just got home from the hospital not long ago. Grace is doing well. She is laying in bed with her daddy. She is pretty exhausted from all of the drama but other than that she is recovering well. For those of you who do not know, Grace had to go the the hospital last night. Sunday night she was not feeling well and coughed quite a bit during the night. Monday, she layed in our bed all day long. She couldnt talk or eat. She would randomly start crying and her lungs would get tight and she seemed like she couldnt breathe. I took her to her doctor and as soon as the nurse heard her she rushed the doctor in to look at her. Her oxygen level in her blood was in the 80's. They admit children into the hospital when it is 95 or lower. It was not a good thing at all. They immediately gave her a breathing treatment and a steroid shot. After that was finished we took her to Kosair Childrens hospital. She received another stonger breathing treatment and improved a little but not enough to convince the doctor she could go home. She then had another treatment and stayed the night at Kosair. She woke up this morning, after a long night of vital sign checking, sounding 100% better. she still sounds like a chain smoker. She did a great job with her breathing treatment. After her third treatment she said, "all done" and clapped her hands. We had been cheering her along so she made sure that we remembered to do it again. This may sound strange but she looked so sweet with her little hospital gown in her own bed. thanks everyone for your prayers. In conclusion it was a very bad case of croup that caused her breathing problems.
I am not sure what i have learned from all of this. Between breaking my foot, Micah's diarrhea and Grace's hospital visit I am relatively calm. Calm but tired. Should I be upset and undone? We are all ok. I have talked to many people who didn't know about my foot and acted as if they should have known. I guess i just didn't think it was "prayer chain" worthy. Is that a lack of faith? I am not sure. I guess i think that there are so many people around me that have real storms in their lives. I guess Ill just pray about it and let God show me what i need to learn.

3 Comments:
hannah,
I'm so glad she's ok. Croup is a nasty thing and I'm sorry she got it so bad. Morgan has had it twice in her short 2 years of life and I hope she never has it again. The first time she had it it was worse. But no hospital stay! I'm so sorry that she had to go through all of that. She will probably cough for 2 weeks even though she's feeling better. Morgan is still coughing from her croup 2 weeks ago! I'm just glad you're hanging in there!! Wish I was there to bring you a meal!!
You all ALWAYS have something going on, sounds like our life. Hope all is well this morning in the Fields household talk to you soon.
hey. you don't have a lack of faith...i promise. people don't understand sometimes that you just didn't stop for a few seconds to let them into your life. sometimes you don't have time and you shouldn't take time because it really doesn't matter that much. that's my HUMBLE opinion (that's a joke that's been going on in our house recently...i'll explain later). anyway, the Lord is giving you strength, hannah, and He is using you to be a fantastic mom. He knows what you can handle. i need a friend right now, too. i love you.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home