The Fields Family Blog

Friday, April 18, 2008

"For He gives to his beloved sleep"



Psalm 127 has been a very comforting passage to me the last few weeks. It starts out saying basically if God is not in what you are doing than what you are doing is being done in vain. It really challenged me to make the extra effort to put God first in my day. Then the passage goes on to say, " for He gives to his beloved sleep". Being 34 weeks pregnant this verse leaped out at me. The last few weeks I have been so super tired. So, when Dale told me he was going to be gone the majority of this week at a conference I got even more tired thinking about it. However this week has been such a wonderful blessing to me. The Lord gave me rest this week. Actually I have gotten fewer hours of sleep this week than I have in a long time but for some reason during the day I felt very relaxed and rested. Praise God! Monday was a pretty easy day. Tuesday my two little sisters, not so little anymore, stopped by and brought me a chocolate peanut butter fudge shake. Yum!!!. Then i took the kids to a pampered chef party where the kids got to play with their cousins. Wednesday My mom stopped by and we took a short trip to the zoo followed by an afternoon nap and church. Thursday, dale came home around 2pm and we went to the zoo again. It was a wonderful week. I certainly needed it.
P.S. Micah got new kicks you can see them while he is setting in the stroller. Actually these are his first pair of shoes along with a pair of sandals. We had to go to a store called Toe Jamz ( I highly recommend) to find extra wide shoes. Finally my little man has shoes. Thanks nanna

2 Comments:

Blogger Dad and Sandy said...

Hannah

I'm so glad you got to go to the zoo - twice!! I know it's one of your favorite places! Now that April 15 is over, I'll be much more available to help you during these last few weeks of your pregnancy!

By the way, I see you put God first in everything you do. You are a blessing to me.

Love you bunches,
Sandy

April 19, 2008 at 3:15 PM  
Blogger the williams said...

very very cute!!!! and your belly is very very cute in your tank top. love you!!

April 19, 2008 at 11:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home