HELP!!!!
I mean happy fathers day. now that that is out of the way, i need some help. I am getting to the point where i need to start cooking now. SO, I really need some good, fast, semi-healthy recipes. Crock pot recipes would be good because i could put it together the night before. I know that many people read our blog and do not comment. I am totally ok with that. But i am asking you now to come out of hiding and help a poor mother, sister and fellow American. You can post your recipe as a comment or e-mail it to me. I really need your help. thanks

13 Comments:
I put this in my crock pot for about 4 hours on high
taco soup
1 lb ground beef browned
1 can chopped tomatoes, undrained
1 can red kidney beans, undrained
1 can pinto beans, undrained
1 can white corn, drained
1 package taco seasoning
1 package ranch dressing mix ( have taco and ranch in bulk, I used 1/4 cup of each)
1 can beef broth
garlic to taste
put everything in a large pot and simmer for atleast 30 minutes.
(I get about 3 pounds of hamburger and brown on the stove with a large onion chopped salt, pepper, and garlic salt. Then drain and divide 5 ways put each selection in a zip lock bag (I then but that bag in another bag to be safe) and freeze. This way you can use it when a recipe calls for hamburger I use this amount instead of a pound to save money and calories too. Then you have it for hash, spaghetti sauce, veggie soup, etc. Just put the bag in the microwave on defrost for about 2 mins.) I also do this with chicken, I boil a couple pounds tear it apart and freeze in bags for casseroles, soups, etc.
Tilapia or other white fish
I buy a bag or bags of Tilapia when on sale, usually has 4 –6 piece of fish in the bag and goes on sale at Kroger or Wal-Mart often for 3.99 or 2.99.
Dice one onion and one green pepper and place in the bottom of 8x13 baking dish place frozen fish over. Season as you like. I use salt, pepper, and garlic, parsley flakes. Then put a small piece of butter on top of each piece of fish then I put a slice of lemon on top of the butter. Bake at 375 degrees for about 25 mins, until fish is white and will pull apart easily with a fork.
I serve over your favorite rice and lemon.
Fried rice
can use as a main dish with any meat and a great way to use up fresh veggies on hand and to sneak a few in too :)
I CUT ALL OF THIS UP WHEN HARRISON IS NAPPING SO I CAN THROW IT IN A PAN AT DINNER TIME. PUT THE BEAN SPORTS, WATER CHESTNUTS, ON THE BOTTOM SINCE THEY ONLY COOK AND FEW MINS. THEN BROC. THEN THE HARDER STUFF LIKE CARROTS ETC)
Cook a few slices of bacon (cut) with a small onion diced. Put to the side.
Scramble an egg in the same pan next, put aside with the bacon.
(I cook white rice 4 or 6 servings)
In the same pan with a little veg. Oil cook sliced carrots, red cabbage. I use more pepper and garlic salt here. Cook for about 3-5 mins. Then add frozen broccoli (it is so cheap) baby corn, water chestnuts, bean spouts (drain all cans) . Or any other veg. You have in the fridge. Add soy sauce (I use lite with less sodium) once all vegs are cooked the way you like add the bacon, egg, and rice. Add more soy to taste and I add sesame seeds till all is mixed well and enjoy.
We eat this as the whole meal. You can add chicken to the top or fish if you want.
Poppy seed Chicken
Boil about a pound of chicken and dice.
Mix chicken with 1-2 cans of cream of chicken soup, a can of diced water chestnuts, 2 servings of cooked white rice, salt, pepper, garlic salt, and about 2-3 table spoons of poppy seeds. Spread in the baking dish.
Cover with one sleeve of Ritz crackers crushed and mixed in a stick of melted butter and cover the chicken rice mix. Back at 350 degree for about 30 mins.
I serve with green beans or other fruit or veg.
after dinner or in the morning I bake potatoes (I use golden potatoes) just how many will fit in a 9x13. In another 9x10 I bake a couple chicken breasts with a little oilve oil, salt, pepper, garilci, and other seasonings you like. I bake at 325 for about an hour (long enough to get the kicthen cleaned up baby to bed clothes switched etc)
when they done cool or put in the fridge. I dice potoatoes and chicken up,
at dinner time I put some onions and peppers in the pan till soft, then put in checken and potatoes by the time they are hot your meal is done with little effort and little clean up I spinkle a little parmasan on top and serve with beans or salad.
Pork loin ( I get a large one at sams and divide it 3 or 4 ways before freezing)
I put on part of the loin (about 1 - 1/2 pound) in the crock pot with a little soy sauce, dried onions, salt, pepper, garlic, and any thing else you like with a little pancake Sryup on top.
put the top on and cook on high for about 4 hours. It is so good and tender and smells great too.
have you seen the frozen meals ready for the crock pot. You can get some of those plus a bag of salad mix and add some salad toppings and have a great meal. (this is Sandy's cousin Marla)
Round Steak with Gravy
Round steak cut into serving sizes add 1 package of dry onion soup mix and 1 can of cream of mushroom soup and 1/2 c water.
Put all in crock and cook for 6 - 7 hours. This is good with the Bob Evans mashed potatoes you can buy already mashed, some frozen veggies and a salad.
WOW, Hannah. It looks like your friend, Ann Kelly, can embroider AND COOK! I can't wait to try some of her recipes myself -- yum, yum!
Love you bunches,
Sandy
hi there!I am not trying to be a blog hog but I thought of something else. I think I might put a post like this on my blog too so watch out :)
SAM'S HELP
When I go to Sam's (at least once a month) I always get one of thier take and bake pizzas (if i have some meat for it I get cheese if not I get the meat type) then at home I add veggies and a little extra cheese. For example on John's part I put onions, on Harrison's and Mine I put what ever veggies I have greens, mushrooms, onions, sun dried tomatoes etc. They are so big it lasts for 2 meals. (about $8)
I also always pick up a spring mix salad kit with dressing, baby spring mix, feta cheese, and dried cranberries. If I have apples or mandrin organes I add them too. We can never eat all of this (about $6)
I also get a Rotisserie chicken. I warm in the oven for meal number 1 with veggies or salad listed above then tear the rest up for a chicken poppy seed cass. or other casserole (about $6)
And I get a fresh pinapple (about $3)
If I get these things I have four whole meals with salad left over for $23 Not too bad on the wallet and easy for busy days.
tacos (takes 15 minutes to get the meat ready), and stromboli...
get kroger frozen bread dough. put it in a ziploc the morning or around lunch time you want to make it and let it thaw until dinner. about 45 minutes before you eat, roll it out, not paper thin, but not dinner roll thick. you want an oval shape. then, down the center put whatever fillings you want, lunch meat and cheese, pizza toppings (without the sauce) anything really. then put it in the oven at 350 for 30 minutes. in the last 5-10 minutes butter the top for a nice golden look and serve with some form of marinara sauce (pizza or spaghetti sauce, heated in the microwave for 20-30 seconds). is great with chips or fruit or a salad or soup. i love you, hannah!
Title: Slow Cooker Beef Vegetable Soup
Description:
If you're looking for a VERY easy recipe that is quite yummy, you need to try this. Every time I make this for a group of people I get asked for the recipe. So I thought I'd share it with all of you.
Ingredients:
1 lb. cubed beef stew meat
1 - 15.25 oz can whole kernel corn (undrained)
1 - 15 oz can green beans (drained)
1 - 15 oz can carrots (undrained)
1 - 15 oz can sliced potatoes (undrained)
1 - 28 oz can crushed tomatoes (I used tomato sauce instead)
1 - 1.25 oz pkg beef with onion dry soup mix
Salt and Pepper to taste
Add some water if you like the broth thinner
Directions:
Put meat, corn, green beans, carrots, potatoes, tomatoes, soup mix, salt and pepper, and water if desired in a slow cooker and stir together. Cook on low for at least 6 hours without lifting cover.
Number Of Servings:6
Preparation Time:5-10 minutes to put together, 6+ hours to cook
Well...It looks like you have a TON of great ideas already, but this recipe I made recently and it is delicious. It's a crock pot recipe for chicken, and I even put the chicken in the crock pot frozen.
Chicken Breast with Italian Mushroom Sauce
4 chicken breasts
1 package Italian Salad Dressing (dry mix)
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 can cream of mushroom or golden mushroom soup
1/2 – 8 oz. package of cream cheese with chives and onions (tub)
1/4 cup butter
Place the chicken in the bottom of roaster or crock pot, then mix remaining ingredients in pot on stove. Warm it up until all is melted and mixed together, then pour over chicken. Cook on low all day long. Can be eaten alone with sides, or over rice or noodles.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home