The Fields Family Blog

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Apples are here!

Look at these beauties. If you ever get a chance to get fresh apples from Michigan, do it. They are yummy. Towards the end of the season we will get more varieties. In this batch we have royal gala and honey crisp. The honey crisp were great for my apple pie. I am going to use he gala for baby food and snacks.
Isnt this one so cute.
Micah loves these apples!
This is Micah waiting for the apple pie last night before bed. That boy can put away food. He has this little funny giggle when you put food in front of him. kinda scary.
In othe news, we lost our electricity last weekend for about 12 hours. Most of Louisville (60%) was without power. We tried to explain that concept to grace. She didn't understand why the lights would not turn on and the water would not come out of the refrigerator. Power was the word we used. So when we took her to the potty and we flushed the toilette she yelled, " the potty has power!!!".

This is the same picture above without using the flash. Yes, it was very dark and quiet. They loved their glow necklaces. And no, I did not let her chew on the necklace for very long. :)
Ok so my pie recipe is not quite turning out the way I intended. Do you have a pie recipe you would like to share. Please do. I would love to try again.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Apples yummy, I don't have a good apple pie riecpe for you since I am not a big fan but I was looking at the blog a year of crocking potting and it had a recipe for apple sauce in the crock pot, the link is on the right side of my blog if you are interest. I also have a food Meal if you need it fodr applesauce, I put my apples, skin core and all in a big pot with a inch or two of water and boil till they put them through the meal and you have apple sauce pretty easy and frezzes great. I am also going to try some fruit leather this week if you are intrested in trying it out for snacks, just some thoughts :)

September 16, 2008 at 1:18 PM  
Blogger Lucinda Perry said...

It was SO SO SO good to see you (and your mom and Micah) on Saturday. I always love coming to Louisville. I only wish I could stay longer!!! As for the recipe, I have a few...
Apple Pie #1:
2 lb. peeled and sliced apples
1 oz. butter
3 oz. sugar
2 oz. cornstarch
2 oz. water
3.5 oz sugar
1/4 t. slat
1 t. cinnamon
2 t. lemon juice
1/2 oz butter
1/2 t. nutmeg

1. Sautee apples in 1 oz.butter and 3 oz. sugar
2. Mix together cornstarch and water and add to apples. Allow to thicken.
4. Add spices, remaining butter and lemon juice
5. Fill shell(s)
I'm sorry that the measurements are weights and I don't know if it's for one pie or two. This is my recipe from culinary school....
Apple Pie #2:
3 cups pared, cored and sliced apples
3 T. flour
1 cup sugar
1.2 t. cinnamon
2 T. butter
3 T. Milk
Preheat oven to 375. Mix apples, flour, sugar and cinnamon. Stir gently. Pour into unbaked pie shell. Dab with butter and pour milk over filling. Top with crust. Bake 40-45 mins. (If you want to leave out the milk for dear Dale, just mix 1 oz water and 1 oz cornstarch together. It'll do the same thing.)
I also have a recipe for Apple Cake, if you're interested...

September 16, 2008 at 6:27 PM  
Blogger Robin Whitted said...

Honey Crisps are my favorite! Just had one last night! :) Hugs and kisses from MI!

September 19, 2008 at 11:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home