The Fields Family Blog

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Growing in grace

This weekend i ran into an old acquaintance. As we were talking i realized that this person had not changed a bit since the time I saw them last. (if you are reading this, you are not the person i am referring to. no worries) This person still kinda bashed others around them and then insulted me for being a stay at home mom. no big deal. Its not the insult that bothered me or the bashing that kept me from falling asleep. I wondered if I am growing up. I feel like i am. I am definitely not the same person i was five or ten years ago. Sometimes life itself causes you to grow up but other than that how am i pursuing growth. With three little ones, sometimes you are the last person that you think of. For me my personal walk is often neglected. I long to be a wise woman full of grace and love for God and others. So, this is an area I am not going to neglect any longer.


A verse that has blessed me this week. And let us not grow weary in doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up. Galatians 6:9 this has been an encouragement in my walk and in trying to discipline my kiddos. Sometimes i just want to take a break.


Dale has a busy week this week. When he works late i don't cook a normal dinner. My kids LOVE pasta bunnies. You can find them at target for only $1 a box. (Kroger is $2)
Anything that says, "push the tail to open" has got to be good. :)
My mom committed the cardinal sin, She gave my child chocolate. Most people who know me know that i avoid all candy with my kids. I know that there will come a time when it will be very difficult to keep candy from my kids so until then i stay clear away. well, Micah loves chocolate.
Sometimes you just gotta let go. Just this once.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dad and Sandy said...

YEAH, you finally have a child who loves chocolate! We shouldn't tell Papaw this - ha ha!

You are truly a wise wife and mother. Please don't doubt the wonderful Godly influence you're having on your husband and children by staying home. You are a blessing to them and to all those around you.

Love you bunches,
Sandy

September 24, 2008 at 11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home