The Fields Family Blog

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

What Matters Most

I am quickly learning that what matters most for my family is not a clean house. Most of you reading this know that i love to clean and i really love a clean house. A clean house ,for me, is a breath of fresh air. (literally) It also helps me think clearly. It is a great thing for my kids and my husband.

What matters most is not a balanced meal. I love healthy food. seriously, is usally crave healthy things. It brings me great joy to see my kids eating green things. I dont mind "slaving" over a meal if it is healthy for my family and they gobble it up.

What matters most are not cute clothes and too cute hair bows. I believe it is very important for kids to learn to be neat and clean. I want them to feel good about themselves so it is important to me for them to be clean and for their clothes to be clean and neat.

However I am learning, more than all these things, my relationship with God is the best for my family. I can get caught up in slaving over the things listed above and miss the most important thing that i can do for my family. My kids need me to be in the word. They need the wisdom that the Holy Spirit brings me when i am walking with Him.

just a thought...

4 Comments:

Blogger Lucinda Perry said...

Thanks for the reminder and the encouragement :) I can get caught up in all of those things, too. It's good to be reminded, sometimes, of the Most Important Thing. The picture of your whole family is adorable. I miss you!!!

October 29, 2008 at 10:12 AM  
Blogger Becky Brodbeck said...

Amen sister!!! Praise God for the Holy Spirit that leads us daily. Keep pressing into HIM! Love ya!

October 29, 2008 at 1:16 PM  
Blogger Dad and Sandy said...

Hannah

You have such amazing insight to be so young! However, on a worldly note, the family picture is amazing. I want a copy. AND your hair looks fabulous!

Love you bunches,
Sandy

October 29, 2008 at 7:45 PM  
Blogger Marc Whitted said...

Hannah-

You are so right...understanding "What Matters Most" and keeping that a priority is critical for a "healthy" family.

November 1, 2008 at 1:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home